CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A post-Father's Day post

This year, Dave had to share his first Father's Day with my birthday. Dave invited a few of our friends over to celebrate my birthday, and we ate Father's Day/birthday cake. I got cake decorating tools for Mother's Day and for my birthday, so of course I had to practice my skills. This cake is my second attempt at cake decorating. I really want to make Colin a fabulous cake for his first birthday in a few weeks. I've started watching Ace of Cakes on the Food Network, and I am very inspired to make a magnificent creation. (That show is so great, it just might be my new favorite.) P.S. Dave was very gracious to share his day with me, but we agreed that when my birthday lands on Father's Day again in 2014, we each get our own day. I just like my birthday.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great job on the cake and happy belated birthday!

karin said...

First, fabulous cake. Second, I think you both need your own days (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, late) definitely. Third, I LOVE Ace of Cakes, it makes me want to decorate but not eat cake.

Lisa O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mistyp said...

Good job on the cake! That's a cute idea to make the tie!

Coco said...

p.s. that cake was way yummy! i've recently started watching that show too. isn't it amazing those cakes they create??? you can do it !